|| Advanced 7,500+ gph propeller pump for creating massive aquarium water movement
|| QuietDrive technology boasts quiet operation while providing a wider range of water movement modes
|| ReefLink compatible propeller pump allows wireless control from your computer or mobile device
Professional grade 7,500+ gph aquarium circulation pump boasts QuietDrive technology for an overall performance boost! The EcoTech Marine VorTech QuietDrive Propeller Pump MP60WQD features enhanced noise reduction and efficient performance for superior aquarium water movement. Sleek driver design, easy-to-use controls, wave speed control dial and illuminated LED interface make custom precision flow settings effortless.
The EcoTech Marine VorTech QuietDrive Propeller Pump MP60WQD features 6+ continuous operational modes, including new Gyre Mode for impressive water movement. Signature bracket-free design with magnetic coupling places the motor outside the aquarium. The result is the smallest in-tank footprint that delivers powerful yet gentle three-dimensional flow patterns in multiple controllable modes for the ultimate reef experience.
"w" denominated VorTech QuietDrive Propeller Pump MP60WQD comes with an RF module installed, allowing up to 8 wirelessly-enabled ("w") pumps of any type to work together in sync, anti-sync, or in coordinated modes. All "w" denominated VorTech pumps are compatible with ReefLink.
Enjoy wireless control of your VorTech EcoSmart QuietDrive MP60WQD from your mobile device with the EcoTech Marine ReefLink (LA# 88068) each sold separately.
Upgrade your VorTech EcoSmart
VorTech EcoSmart owners, upgrade your VorTech pump with the benefits of the QuietDrive technology! EcoTech Marine VorTech QuietDrive Upgrade sold separately (LA# 93046).
VorTech MP60w QD Propeller Pump
7,500 gallons per hour
Maximum Aquarium Wall Thickness:
Tank Size Range:
120 to 1,000+ gallons
Wet Side-4" diameter by 3" long; Dry Side-4" diameter by 2-3/4" long
Clearance Needed Behind Aquarium:
VorTech QuietDrive Modes
- Lagoon Mode: Lagoonal Random Mode simulates a low-energy lagoon environment. The speed of the pump is changed slowly to recreate the gentle currents of a lagoon.
- Reef Crest Mode: Reef Crest Random Mode simulates a high-energy reef environment. The pump will change speed frequently and drastically to simulate crashing waves and surging tide. This is a favorite of SPS coral.
- Gyre Mode: Gyre Mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform clockwise and counterclockwise flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between two seconds and two hours.
- Short Pulse Mode: Short Pulse Mode creates a flow pattern consisting of uniform high and low flow levels pulsing at a selected interval between 0.2 seconds and two seconds.
- Tidal Swell Mode: Tidal Swell Mode (TSM) creates a harmonic balance reminiscent of the changing flow conditions found in nature. Over the course of several hours, the flow pattern will go from very chaotic to calm, followed by a detritus-clearing surge at the very end of the cycle. The flow direction will change direction every cycle.
- Nutrient Transport Mode: Nutrient Transport Mode (NTM) creates circulation in a two-phase program. The first phase uses wave motion to stir up detritus. The second phase follows with a surging motion to move the detritus into the overflow and out of the aquarium. This mode promotes maximum health, nutrient export and increased growth for sensitive corals such as SPS.
- Feed Mode: At the touch of a button all VorTech wirelessly enabled pumps will temporarily pause their current mode and idle allowing food to be added to the tank without being cycled into the overflow and filtration.
- Night Mode: Pumps can be enabled to run a gentler nighttime program simulating calmer ocean conditions for nighttime hours.
- Wave Auto-Tune: Create a standing wave in your aquarium and demonstrate the true power of the fully operational VorTech QuietDrive control system.
- Multi-Pump Communication*1: All "w" denominated VorTech pumps come with an RF module installed. The RF module will allow up to 8 "w" pumps of any type to work together in sync, anti-sync or coordinated modes.
- ESL via Mobile Device *2: All "w" denominated VorTech pumps are compatible with ReefLink. ReefLink provides completely wireless access to the world of EcoSmart Live, the web-based aquarium command confer from EcoTech Marine.
- Battery Backup Mode *3: Blizzard. Hurricane. A motorist hits a utility pole. Stuff happens The power goes out... VorTech pumps are compatible with the EcoTech Battery Backup accessory
- *Requires multiple "W" VorTech pumps.
- *Requires ReefLink and Internet connection.
- *Requires Battery Backup.
VorTech QuietDrive FAQ
Is the VorTech QuietDrive line replacing the VorTech EcoSmart line?
Yes, although EcoSmart Driver equipped pumps may be available for some time after the QuietDrive begins shipment.
Q: Is the QuietDrive driver capable of all the same communication functionality as the EcoSmart Driver?
A: Yes, this includes wireless enabled pump to pump communication and integration with ReefLink and EcoSmart Live.
Q: Are the modes, buttons, and button combinations the same as the EcoSmart driver for the QuietDrive driver?
A: Yes, with the exception of the Long Pulse mode being replaced by the Gyre Mode.
Q: If the driver is replaced on a VorTech EcoSmart pump with a QuietDrive driver, what performance improvements can I expect?
A: That depends on which VorTech Pump you are upgrading but you should expect overall noise reduction and efficiency.
Q: Can a VorTech equipped with a QuietDrive driver function as part of a multi-pump group with EcoSmart drivers?
A: Yes, additional QuietDrive pumps can be programmed the same way through EcoSmart Live.
Q: Is the MP40wQD a completely new pump?
A: Yes, the MP40wQD has a new wet side, dry side, motor, power supply, and driver.
Q: What has changed on the MP10 and MP60 models?
A: The MP10QD, MP10wQD, and MP60wQD are fundamentally the same with the exception of the all-new QuietDrive driver.
Q: Will previous model EcoSmart VorTech pumps and drivers be supported through EcoSmart Live and EcoTech customer service?
A: Yes, EcoSmart Live will continue to support all wES pumps and all support and warranty of existing product remains unchanged.