Additional sizes may be available!Additional sizes may be available! Email me when available
· We cannot ship this product to Alaska.
|*||Quality synthetic sea salt simulates natural seawater for thriving marine aquariums|
|*||Provides marine fish, invertebrates, and plants the necessary major, minor, & trace elements|
|*||Instant Ocean synthetic sea salt - the trusted choice of aquarists for over 40 years|
Instant Ocean synthetic sea salt simulates natural seawater for thriving marine aquariums. Developed through sophisticated biological and chemical testing, Instant Ocean provides your marine fish, invertebrates, and plants the necessary major, minor, and trace elements. Provides a clear saltwater solution in minutes and reaches proper pH quickly. Exceptional solubility, uniform particle size, and superior material selection made Instant Ocean the standard by which other synthetic sea salts are measured. No other product has such an extensive history of successful proven usage.
Instant Ocean Sea Salt
- Mix Instant Ocean salt with reverse osmosis or distilled water for optimal results. Tap water can be used, but it must be treated with dechlorinator prior to use.
- Stir vigorously to thoroughly mix salt and water. Although the solution can be used immediately, we suggest that you aerate the water with an air pump to adequately oxygenate the water prior to use.
- Adjust salinity with an accurate hydrometer such as the SeaTest® Hydrometer full range specific gravity meter. Recommended specific gravity range: 1.020 to 1.023 at 75°F. If specific gravity is too low, add more Instant Ocean salt. If too high, add more dechlorinated water.
- Tightly reseal bag to keep moisture out. Be sure to store remaining Instant Ocean salt in a cool, dry place.
NEVER mix salt in an aquarium containing animals. In new aquariums, transfer animals to the aquarium only after salt is completely mixed, the solution aerated, and specific gravity adjusted correctly.
We recommend monitoring your water parameters (nitrates, phospates, alkalinity, and pH) and performing 25% water changes as necessary. To prepare small quantities of Instant Ocean salt for use in your water changes, use 1/2 cup of Instant Ocean salt for each U.S. gallon of water. Mix as directed above.
|Specific Gravity||1.023 - 1.025||1.020 - 1.025||1.025|
|Temperature||72 - 78°F||72 - 78°F||82°F|
|pH||8.1 - 8.4||8.1 - 8.4||8.0 - 8.5|
|Alkalinity||8 - 12 dKH||8 - 12 dKH||6 - 8 dKH|
|Ammonia (NH3)||Undetectable||Undetectable||Near Zero|
|Nitrite (NO2)||Undetectable||Undetectable||Near Zero|
|Nitrate - Nitrogen (NO3)||< 1.0 ppm||< 30 ppm||0.25 ppm|
|Phosphate (PO4)||< 0.2 ppm||< 1.0 ppm||0.13 ppm|
|Calcium||350 - 450 ppm||350 - 450 ppm||380 - 420 ppm|
|Magnesium||1250 - 1350 ppm||1150 - 1350 ppm||1300 ppm|
|Iodine||0.06 - 0.10 ppm||0.04 - 0.10 ppm||0.06 ppm|
|Strontium||8 - 14 ppm||4 - 10 ppm||8 - 10 ppm|